Wednesday 1 June 2011

'Downtown Tea Party' Quirky Kit: with Guest Designer Julie Kirk

by Julie Kirk

Hello. Again.

One year on since blogging my final project as a full-time Quirky Kit Design Team member, I'm thrilled to be back as a guest for the 'Downtown Tea Party' kit!

So, considering it's both a reunion and a tea party ... I thought I'd better make an effort to dress up for the occasion. How about if I wear this ...:
My friends and I go an a crafting 'retreat' twice a year and we usually pick a theme to base our gifts, food and projects on.

The latest theme was 'The Mad Hatter's Tea Party' and one of my friends surprised us all by bringing along 4 professionally made pantomine-style costumes for us to play with!
 Naturally ... being amongst scrapbookers ... there were lots of photos taken and I've been holding off scrapping them while waiting for this kit as I had my eye on the pink + white candy stripe ribbon. How perfectly does it match 'my' amazingly swooshy dress?
As for the pink + white striped paper edging ... that's the paper bag all of the embellishments come tucked inside within the kit!

I used a X-Cut edge punch along the bottom of it, pleated it and pressed it down into my double sided tape, then stamped a decorative doily-edge border along it.

Then I threaded various shades of the Pink Paislee 'Daily Junque' bakers twine through the punched out sections and finished with a tiny off-cut of the pink ribbon:
I also tied the Pink Paislee 'Daily Junque' bakers twine around the bodies of the paper butterfly embellishments, snipping the ends to form antennae:
The Pink Paislee ‘Tickets’ patterned paper was almost too nice to cut into, but once I braved it I used it as a strip across the centre:
Then punched a scalloped circle from it and used the alternative pattern on the reverse as a journaling block in the centre and finally cut around one of the roses to add a little focal point to the top corner:
And here's the final page again so you can see how it all hangs together:
I'll be dropping by throughout the month to share some more pages I've been making with this kit ... maybe there'll even be another costume ... or two ... we'll see!

Make sure you share your Quirky Kit projects by linking them up in a comment or via the Crafty Templates Twitter account or Facebook page.

So, I'll see you soon for more Downtown Tea Party-ing ... I'll bring the cakes if you put the kettle on.

Julie   / @notesonpaper x
-------------------------------------

Supplies list for my 'Curiouser + Curiouser' page. Everything taken from the Downtown Tea Party kit:
  • American Crafts Kraft cardstock
  • Pink Paislee House of Three, Daily Junque ‘Tickets’ patterned paper
  • Kesi’art Bout d'Ficelle, ‘Cotton’ patterned paper
  • Cosmo Cricket ‘Heart in the Dark’ chipboard alphabet stickers 
  • Kesi’art Script alphabet stickers, noir.
  • Pink/white candy stripe ribbon
  • Pink Paislee Daily Junque bakers twine
  • Paper butterfly embellishments
  • Paper bag - packaging! 
The structure of the layout was inspired by Sketch 240 from the Pencil Lines sketch challenge blog.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Gorgeous layout, love the colors. I really like how the title and journaling set up set up. It's perfect!

Rachel M said...

Beautiful layout! I love how you've made the butterflies bodies.

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, It works very nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com