Tuesday 6 July 2010

Vintage card using the Summer fete kit





I have been busy using up the last bits of my Summer Fete kit this morning, and as I have a friend's birthday on the 7th, I thought it would be perfect to make her a vintage style card.

I used black card for the base and used my favourite border punch on the back of the card and cut an inch strip off the front of the card to get my fancy edge.
I added a few little gems (we all have these in our stash).

I made the rose by cutting out a spiral of PP and rolling it from the outside in.

The foliage was cut from one of the De lovely Cosmo cricket papers and I reversed a journalling card from the kit and added a bit of pink chalk ink to get the effect I wanted.

The very versatile tape in the kit works perfectly as a strip of ribbon running down the length of the card.

I hope you are all enjoying using up your kits

Claire xx

No comments: