Saturday 26 June 2010

Nice Ices

Hi there, Kathy here

I thought I'd show you another card I've made using the fab ice cream cone template in the June set.

For this one, I've resized the templates to about 5cms high before cutting them out. I wanted to keep the colours really simple so have cut all the "ice cream" sections from the same cream colour.  Before layering everything up I inked all the edges of the various pieces.
The card blank is made from pale pink card which has a lovely pearlescent sheen,  I used an offcut to make the oval using a Nesties die
The brown panel was embossed with the Cuttlebug "Distressed Stripes" folder.  I found this lovely cream ribbon with "sprinkles" on it in my ribbon stash and matched the colours on the ribbon with some tiny gems - I love how those tiny pin pricks of extra colour really lift the basic colour scheme.
The little quote piece was pc generated and printed in dark brown lettering on the same cream card as the ice creams were made from.
Hope you like it
 Happy Crafting


No comments: