Wednesday 2 December 2009

Further 'Resolutions'

Hi all.

In
my previous post I created a layout using some of the more striking papers from the latest Quirky Kit: 'Resolutions' and I said I'd folow this up with the softer side of this versatile kit. And here it is:

In a complete contrast to the fuchsia and teal Hambly papers of last time, here I enhanced my country cottage photographs by selecting the cream and brown of the Making Memories 'Vintage Findings', Crate Paper 'Cottage Coco' and 'Cottage Porch'.

To reflect the misty atmosphere within the photos I surrounded them with the grey netting from the kit. I cut the section of netting in half, placed it under the photo [which I stuck down with double-sided tape] and then randomly gathered and folded, securing it by stitching a sequin [again from the kit] on top.

The journaling block I've used on the page below is actually the tag which the 'Vintage Chic' buttons [on sale in the Embellishments Shop] come attached to. I'd added one of the vintage buttons next to the journaling block on the left hand page and one in the centre of the bow I made from the ribbon on the kit, on the top of the right hand side page.

As my journaling mentions, the surroundings of the cottage felt very Bronte-esque, so it was especially appropriate that the vintage book pages in my kit came from a Charlotte Bronte novel! I crumpled them and swiped a Distress Ink pad over them to add a further aged feel before adding them behind my photos.

So far I've shown you three layouts which have been made almost entirely from the supplies within the 'Resolutions' kit ... and I've still got lots left over, including all that lovely white fabric which is just asking to be painted, stamped on and /or stitched!! As soon as I create somthing with it I'll share the results with you and if you get there first, let me know by leaving me a comment, a link or dropping any photos of your 'Resolutions' projects in the Crafty Templates Flickr Group.

Happy crafting.

Julie :)

No comments: