Monday 30 November 2009

Quirky Kit: Making [with] 'Resolutions'.

For me, making pages with the new Quirky Kit: 'Resolutions', has been a lot easier than making [and keeping] the kind of resolutions I used to make at the start of a new year. Partly because I'm not as self-disciplined as I'd like to be and can't really stick to rules I set for myself!! But mainly because this kit is so flexible that it allowed me to tackle scrapping with a range of photos and in a range of styles with just one new kit.

At the time of writing I have made three layouts and have two more planned and they all look quite, quite different. Let me make a start on demonstrating just how wide ranging in styles the kit actually is.

Here's the first layout in which I combined three of the brightest and boldest patterned papers. As you might be able to tell from my leopard print cardigan with stripey dress combo - I love to mix patterns! So I had great fun combining the sharp floral graphics of the Crate Paper 'Rose Garden', with the circles and houndstooth of the two Hambly papers:

The photo was taken at my parent's Ruby wedding anniversary party this October and due to a combination of my clothes and the camera it was taken on, it feels like a rather nostalgic, retro-looking snap-shot. More 1959 than 2009 in some ways.

Once I had the main body of the page completed I turned to play with the fabulous, totally retro-inspired glitter cabouchons!!! I chose the red, purple and teal cabouchons and set about forming a festive, glittery, vintage cluster down the side of the photo: The extra buttons I used in the cluster were a pack of the 'Vintage Chic' buttons from the 'Embellishments' section of the shop.

After using many of the brightest, most vivid, elements from the kit on one layout I was ready for something quieter and which used the grey netting from the kit ....something a bit like this in fact: I'll share with you very soon how I pulled out the more neutral tones within the 'Resolutions' kit for use on an atmospheric and wintry double layout.

Until then, enjoy your kit and don't forget to share your projects with us in the Crafty Templates Flickr gallery.

Julie :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

They are lovely Layouts.