Thursday 24 July 2008

Gettin Quirky with It!

If you've not seen the new 'Quirky' scrapbooking kits on Crafty Templates yet you defo need to go have a peek! Quirky kits are mixed media crafting kits that contain a mix up of scrapbook paper, fabric, trimmings and embellishments. Some of the contents is unique for instance in the current kit 'Natureific' there's some tea dyed lace, a lino block stamp and the cute rosette you can see in the piccy bellow is handmade from Japanese fabric. Some are a bit unusual too like vintage buttons or vintage pattern paper scalloped circles:All of that is complemented by some cool scrapbooking papers and accessories. In this kit there's papers from Pink Paislee, Love Elsie, Jenni Bowlin and October Afternoon as well as my favorite yummy American Crafts Thickers. You also get co-ordinated Bazzill card again in some of the more unusual colours you might not have used before.
You can go check out the full kit details and order from the Crafty Templates site right here, http://www.craftytemplates.co.uk/page18.html
So when you have your kit you might want some inspiration to get you started well I've got that sorted for you too!
UKScrappers Nabview {aka mega cool scrapper Julie Kirk} has been busy cooking up some inspiration for you.....
'Angel' Scrapbook page by Julie Kirk

'Trees' by Julie Kirk

'Garden' Scrapbook page by Julie Kirk

'Dotee Doll Tag Book' by Julie Kirk

And of course I had to have a play too.......
This is a recipe book I made as a gift. The pages are all 6x6 and made up from a mixture of the papers and Bazzill from the kit.
A quick card made with some leftover bits of paper and card and of course the lino block tree stamp. Finally a couple of scrapbook pages, I'm planning to make some more this size and bind them together with my Bind-it-All to make a landscape 6x12 book.
I've still not had a play with the fabric from the kit yet but once I wangle my sewing machine back I'll put together something. I think I want to make an MP3 player bag or a pencil case, will report back when it's done. :-D
If you've had a play with the kit {and I know there are peeps out there who have a kit already} I'd love to see some of your work if you want to share it. Pop a link to your own blog or other place on the web your work is uploaded.
Have fun & happy crafting!
xx Leonora

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oooh this looks really gorgeous Leo - i have just ordered it and can't wait to play with it. :) :)

The samples are just beautiful. :) :)

xxDebbiexx

Lori said...

This kit is just fantastic! Here are some of the pages I've done so far with it!
http://cathaircrafter.blogspot.com/2008/07/love-parcelforce-croppin-time-on-move.html

Love how you and Julie have used the kit too!