Monday 12 April 2010

April Ideas from Angela

Hello All,

My first time posting here on the blog! Hope you are all well and having fun crafting! I thought I would add the cards I made from this month's set.

First up..So Tweet!

This is my personal favourite as I used a new to me technique to add a little pop. I trimmed the 6x6 card base down so I could fit 4 squares across and down on the card, I punched 4 different patterns and glued them to the card then over stitched them with a zig zag stitch to get the patchwork effect and edged it in a straight stitch. The bird was cut and coloured with promarkers and I then added all the embellishments and journalling spot.

Then...Sunshine and Rainbows

I used the shaped scallop card suggestion, and cut out the rainbow using papers from the previous Sugar, Sugar kit and glittered the clouds, backed on to some AC paper and added the cute little bird button included in the April Kit.

Finally..Cookin' Up Some Love


All products used were from the kit (apart from sentiment and jewels) I traced the apron from the co-ordinating patterned paper, for those with a steady hand you could scallop cut the edging for the apron, I just glued on punched circles on the back! die cut some backing paper, added the foam embellishments and tied it all up with the included ribbon and the cute little pin!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I'd love to see what subscribers make with this kit, why don't you leave a link to your blog in the comments so we can come have a look!

Have a great month :)

No comments: